Casual Technician London
Underbelly Festival Southbank Casual Technician - Underbelly Festival Southbank
Dates: Start of April to end of September
Pay: £102/day via Invoicing. If you would prefer to be paid via PAYE, please contact us for a rate.
We are looking for various technicians to help bolster our roster of crew to help out on occasional days.
The successful applicant:
- Have a good experience in any of lighting, sound, and stage management in fringe and festival theatre.
- If looking for lighting or sound work have a serviceable knowledge of digital mixing consoles (particularly Yamaha LS9 or Midas Pro1), or lighting consoles (particularly Avolites Tiger Touch 2 or ETC Ion).
- Have working knowledge of the programming and operation of QLab.
- Have a background of operating sound or lights for theatre or events with limited rehearsal periods, or running a show in a busy environment as a Stage Manager.
- Have good problem-solving skills, good time keeping, a pro-active attitude to venue organisation and maintenance, be methodical, and will have a friendly and approachable manner.
- Be a team player and understand that at Underbelly we require all our technicians to work together to achieve the best result for the shows, meaning that cross-departmental work is essential and expected.
- Enjoy working in a busy Festival environment with a varied and challenging programme of shows.
To apply, please email a CV and covering letter to James Turner Inman at email@example.com with the subject ‘Southbank Casual Technician’