Lighting Operator for the Belly Theatre 2019
Dates: 3rd April to 15th July inclusive
Pay: £610/week Based on a 6 day week via Invoicing. If you would prefer to be paid via PAYE, please contact us for a rate.
Role: We are looking for an experienced Lighting Technician to look after all of our lighting requirements in the Belly Theatre. The successful applicant will:
- Have a good working knowledge of lighting systems including both generic and moving light fixtures.
- Have experience of working and rigging at height (from ladders and full body harnesses).
- Have an in-depth knowledge of programming and operating the Avolites Tiger Touch 2 console including moving light control, and also have the ability to design simple but effective looks for a variety of different shows in short timescales.
- Have experience in the maintenance of a lighting rig including moving lights
- Have good problem solving skills, good time keeping, a pro-active attitude to venue organisation and maintenance, and will have a friendly and approachable manner.
- Be a team player and understand that at Underbelly we require all our technicians to work together to achieve the best result for the shows, meaning that cross-departmental work is essential and expected. This is not a job suitable for someone who only wishes to do lighting and has no interest in other areas.
- Enjoy working in a busy Festival environment with a varied and challenging programme of shows.
Please apply for the position on this online form. We aim to get back to applicants within a few weeks.